B L K Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi. The hospital was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 2nd January, 1959.
By 1984, when the hospital celebrated its Silver Jubilee, it was an expanding hospital well on its way to becoming Delhi’s premier multispecialty institute. Services offered included General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dentistry, Pulmonology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics, apart from mother & child care.
A factor of much importance to the hospital was the health of the community. Enthusiastic doctors held camps and public health talks to improve the status of community health in the area.
In the late 1990s, the Trustees of the hospital felt the need to upgrade it to a tertiary care hospital and tied up with Radiant Life Care Private Limited to re-develop and manage the facility. Today, a modern state-of-the-art tertiary care hospital has come up in place of the old hospital. It is one of the biggest stand alone private Hospitals in the National Capital Region today.
To create a patient-centric, tertiary healthcare organization focused on non-intrusive quality care utilizing leading edge technology with a human touch.
- Achieve Professional Excellence in delivering Quality care.
- Ensure care with Integrity and Ethics.
- Push frontiers of care through Research and Education.
- Adhere to National and Global Standards in Healthcare.
- Provide Quality healthcare to all Sections of Society.
A passion for healing…
At BLK, we are passionate about delivering the highest standard of healthcare. Be it the finest Doctors, cutting-edge medicine, state-of-the-art infrastructure or nursing with a smile. When you are passionate about healing the lives that have been entrusted to us, nothing is too big or small to ignore.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients. Spread on five acres of land, with a capacity of 650 beds, BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in the country, BLK has consistently ranked amongst the Top 10 Multi Super Specialty Hospitals in Delhi NCR. The outpatient services are spread on two floors with 60 consultation rooms. All ambulatory services have been designed with intent to create dedicated aides for all specialities, with their interventional services in close vicinity. Therefore, whether it is the proximity of diagnostic services and blood bank to the emergency or one of the best Endoscopy suites to ensure timely and efficient services, the infrastructure speaks volumes about BLK’s commitment to ‘PASSION FOR HEALING’.
- The hospital has 17 state-of-the-art well equipped modular operation theatres with three stage air filtration and gas scavenging system to ensure patient safety. All the Operation Theatres are fitted with best in class pendants, operating lights, anaesthesia work stations and advanced information management system.
- The Hospital has one of the biggest critical care programmes in the region with 125 beds in different intensive care units viz Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Neurosciences and Organ Transplant. All critical care beds are in the close vicinity of the Operation Theatre complex for easy accessibility and continuity of care. Each Critical care unit is equipped with high end patient monitoring devices, ventilators and dedicated isolation rooms. Facilities for haemodialysis, CRRT, SLED, endoscopy and bronchoscopy are available 24X7 by the bedside.
- Liver and Renal Transplant Centres have been equipped with dedicated ICUs with individual hepafilters, specialized instruments and equipments, Veno-venous bypass system and dedicated anaesthesia equipment.
- The Hospital has specialized birthing suites with telemetric foetal monitors to follow the progression of labor, and also the facility for the family to stay with the patient during the labor. A dedicated operation theatre adjacent to the labour room helps in shortening the response time in case there is a need to conduct the delivery through surgical means.
- The Hospital’s advanced Building Management System provides for multi-tiered access control, electronic security systems with integrated CCTVs spanning across the facility and advanced fire management system amongst other utilities. The Hospital is the first in NCR to install and start using automatic pneumatic chute system to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of health care delivery.
- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled, with the vision of the Hospital becoming the first truly paper-less healthcare facility in the country. BLK has top of the line Hospital Information System (HIS) system which is seemingly connected across outpatient, inpatient and diagnostic areas. The system has facility for contemporary electronic medical records (EMR) with remote-accessibility enabling ongoing consultation to patients from distance as well.
- Cyberknife VSI– BLK recently became the proud home to Cyberknife VSI, Asia Pacific’s first whole body robotic radio-surgery system for treatment of hitherto inoperable tumors.
- PET CT Scan– BLK has installed the latest generation PET CT Scan machine to aid accurate diagnosis and treatment of a plethora of diseases. This makes BLK the first hospital in Delhi to offer coupled services of PET CT and Cyberknife.
- Neuro Vascular Biplane Cath Lab– BLK Super Speciality Hospital is the first Centre in New Delhi to have Neuro Vascular Biplane Cath Lab, which is capable of providing many complex features like road map, 3D rotation capabilities and many more. This enables us to do many challenging cases and we call them neurosurgery in cath lab.
- A TriologyTx Linear Accelerator with cone beam CT for Radiation Oncology– Image guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity ModulatedRadiotherapy (IMRT) and Gated Radiotherapy.
- MRI– The hospital is equipped with 1.5 Tesla volume MRI. The special feature of the 1.5 Tesla MRI is its ability to generate 3D images, which cuts the acquisition time by half and increase the comfort and convenience for the patients.
- CT Scan– 128 Slice volume CT Scan capable of generating high quality 3D images.
- Cath Lab– Flat panel combo Cath. Lab with 3D reconstruction, DSA and Electrophysiological studies.
- Nuclear medicine– The hospital has a first of its kind dual head Spect CT, with variable angle gamma camera. This enables the doctors to trace physiological pathways early in the disease process, in a non-invasive manner.
- Blood Bank– A state-of-the-art blood bank meeting all standards has been set up with facilities like Aphaeresis, blood component separation and stem cell harvesting. The Blood Bank is equipped with the NAT(Nucleic Acid Testing) System for the screening of Blood to ensure the safest possible blood for all its patients. In addition, a Blood Irradiator- another First of its Kind in any corporate hospital for specially treated blood for cancer and other subgroup of patients, shall be installed in the current year.
- Laboratories– The hospital has one of the most well equipped labs in the NCR for entire gamut of diagnostic services in Haematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Histopathology.
- Ultrasound– Ultrasound machines with 3D and 4D imaging and whole body Doppler.
- Mammography– Low radiation digital imaging and stereotactic (3D) biopsy system.
- X – Ray with high frequency low radiation digital radiography.
- Bone Mineral Density– Whole body mineral density scan capable of giving instant reports.
- Dental Facilities– BLK has fully integrated and automatic dental chairs complemented by low radiation and high precision digital X-Ray.
- Endoscopy Suites– The hospital has dedicate endoscopy suite for endoscopic ultrasound and other advanced endoscopic procedures like ERCP, Stenting, UGIE, Colonoscopy etc.
- Ambulance Services– The hospital has a fleet of fully equipped Advanced Life Support System (ACLS) ambulances for all kinds of emergencies.
- Bronchoscopy Suite with most modern equipment in safest and convenient environment.
- Size 650 Beds
- Accredited by JCI, NABH, NABL
- Allergy & Immunology
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver Biopsy
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery